Work Study at Om Shala Yoga
Work Study at Om Shala is a great way to explore and develop your personal yoga practice with guidance from experienced teachers and support from other Work Study Sages. Work Study is also an agreement to join a lively yoga community built upon relationships based in reciprocity. Work Study Sages offer their valuable service in exchange for yoga classes, sauna and discounts on select items and workshops.
All applications must be submitted online to the email address listed for each position.
Include a filled out application. (Include a resume when appropriate.)
Please include the subject heading: Work Sage Application: (Your Full Name) - (Position Title)
Be as thorough and detailed as possible. Minimally filled out applications may not be considered or responded to.
All applications must be submitted online. Please copy & paste application text and send via email to email@example.com
Work Study Sage Application:
Date: Position Applying For:
First & Last Name:
Address (including City & Zip Code:
Are you a regular student at Om Shala Yoga? (Please describe):
Please list all your hours of availability, (not just preferred availability.)
Times Never Available:
Do you meet the minimum qualifications listed? Please explain & expand:
(If applicable) Do you have customer service experience?
(If applicable) Do you have maintenance/cleaning experience?
(If applicable) Please describe your computer proficiency:
Do you have a car? (If not, what is your form of transportation?)
Do you have any additional skills/talent that could be helpful at the studio?
Why are you interested in Work Trade at Om Shala Yoga?
Can you make a minimum commitment of 5 months to the position?
Are you a year round local resident, student, seasonal resident?
Please tell us a bit about yourself (interests, hobbies, passions, life experience, etc…):
Is there anything else that you would like us to know about you?
Work Study Sage Positions
Front Desk Sage (one 4-5 hour permanent weekly shift):
We ARE currently accepting application at this time. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- previous customer service experience
- retail experience
- excellent customer service skills
- outgoing personality
- strong computer skills
- Mac proficiency preferred
Cleaning Sage (two 2 hour permanent weekly shifts):
We ARE NOT currently accepting applications at this time. Email: email@example.com
- previous professional cleaning experience preferred
- ability to work well in a team
- keen eye for detail & ability to spot deep cleaning needs
- evening availability (between 8pm-11pm)
Flyer Sage (variable commitment, generally 2-4 hours weekly):
We are accepting applications at this time for Eureka CA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- strong communications & people skills
- outgoing personality
- drivers license and transportation
Web Design/Maintenance (2-6 hours/week, flexible scheduling, work from home):
We are NOT accepting applications at this time.
- provide computer & appropriate software to work from home
- familiarity with web technologies (HTML, FTP, CSS, PHP, etc.)
- proficiency in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.)
- graphic design talent & creativity (ability to create beautiful functional images that tell our story)
- strong time management skills and the ability to work efficiently under a deadline
- professionalism & reliability
- creating and maintaining the graphics on our home page,www.omshalayoga.com
- occasional graphics and web projects
- creating/maintaining front page graphics for upcoming events
- creating content for website (text, photos, videos and other media)